***Pre order your new MHD AGT today and receive %10 Pre order discount ( for a limited time only) with shipping to customers estimated to start in January 2018.***
RRP £550 Pre order discount price of £495
The MHD AGT Automatic Timepiece is a special watch edition in association with Britain’s Electric Car Company, Alcraft Motor Company, and its first car, the GT.
Designed by British car and watch designer Matthew Humphries, the AGT Automatic Timepiece focuses on automotive design processes and was conceived by Humphries whilst designing the Alcraft GT electric high-performance vehicle for the founder of Alcraft Motor Company, David Alcraft.
The AGT Watch and Alcraft GT car are a natural pairing, both products seeking to blend the ultra clean and contemporary with the timeless values of British design. The design language of the AGT echoes that of the Alcraft GT concept vehicle, with every element designed for purpose as well as aesthetic.
The Alcraft GT for example has an exposed carbon-fibre B-pillar and roof structure which are very much part of the aesthetic but also serve as both a safety structure and a device to create an exceptionally light cabin, allowing a roof made largely of glass and a wraparound front screen. The AGT timepiece has similar exposed elements, influenced by the Alcraft GT’s internal skeletonised carbon-fibre structure. In particular this can be seen in the AGT’s exoskeleton lug design chassis and centre barrel case, reducing the weight of the watch whilst protecting the automatic movement inside.
The AGT timepiece has a 42mm diameter, four-piece layered stainless steel, lightweight, exoskeleton case, which is 12.5mm in depth and topped with resilient, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal bevel-edged glass. The crown and case layers are highlighted with beautiful automotive-style knurled and polished chamfered-edge finishes. Even the three-piece dial has an automotive influence, from the brushed finished chapter ring to the machine-turned, steel colour sun ray dial with laser cut markers, which is then layered over a lower lume dial for visibility in the dark. For extra visibility, Humphries has even considered the semi-skeletonised hands with additional lume for precision timekeeping.
The AGT houses a Miyota 9015 automatic 24-jewel movement, which is known for its hacking function for precise time setting and 42-hour power reserve. The beautiful Miyota 9015 movement can be viewed from the sapphire crystal display case back, which is also externally engraved with “MHD AGT”, and for added luxury the AGT is held to the wrist with either a black or brown calf leather strap with polished buckle.
…And for those who are interested in what the letters ‘GBD’ stand for on the dial face…Great British Design.
The MHD AGT Watch Spec: * Launch Edition Spec limited to an Edition of 100 units *
- 4-piece layered case design.
- 42mm diameter by 12.5mm depth.
- 50mm Lug to Lug length
- Stainless steel bezel with knurled outer edge. Polished chamfered edge and brushed
finish top surface.
- Sapphire crystal glass with bevel edge.
- Stainless steel exoskeleton chassis with brushed finished top surface and polished
- Stainless steel centre barrel case with knurled finish.
- Stainless steel crown with knurled finish and turn edge.
- Sapphire crystal display case back with engraved “MHD AGT” markings.
- Water resistance to 5 ATM
- 3-piece dial design.
- Brushed finished chapter ring.
- Machine-turned, steel colour sunray dial with laser-cut marker slots.
- Lower lume dial (lume glows through the machine-turned dial).
- Semi skeletonised precision hands with lume.
- Miyota 9015 Automatic 24 jewel hacking mechanical movement with 42-hour
- 20mm black or brown calf leather strap with polished buckle.
***Pre order your new MHD AGT today and receive %10 Pre order discount (for a limited time only) with shipping to customers estimated to start in January 2018.***